Technology is changing the dynamics of learning, which makes it inevitable to reshape the learning spaces to support this transformation. Technology has greatly enhanced access to education. Today massive amounts of information are available in one click through the internet. It also enables collaboration and communication undreamt of in the past. The industry trends include
• Nano-learning: It is a tutorial program designed to allow a participant to learn a given subject in a shorter time frame with the use of electronic media and without interaction with a real-time instructor. This provides a solution for learners who have a persistently shrinking attention span.
• Lifelong learning: Learning is a continuous and connected process in which the requirements of the learners vary with time and stage of their life. Every moment offers a learning opportunity and it becomes necessary to keep track of the learning culture of an individual across different stages. This can help understand the capabilities of the learner in its true meaning.
• Mass personalization: The trend of customer based personalization is growing. In learning this approach takes into consideration the individual learner abilities, the time to consume content, hence enhancing the quality of learning and experience of learners.
• Data-driven learning: The learning behavior while learning acts as data sources for understanding the learner's patterns and trends and then for devising strategies to make learning more effective than before.
• Self-paced learning: The pace of the content can be adjusted according to the strengths and weakness of the individual learners in specific subjects.
• Addictive mechanism: Specific constructs in the content are provided to attract a learner's attention. Constructs can include like or comment button, challenges, the capability to score and compete, win badges or points, and many more.
• Immersive learning: The learner desires an engaging learning experience, interactive content that comprises games, puzzles, and surprises embedded within. Hence there is a mounting trend of designing content with technologies like augmented reality and virtual reality to provide an engaging learning experience.
• Collaborative learning: Learning is transforming into an interaction between a group of people where they can learn by debating and deliberating on a common platform.
• Learning experience platform: Rendering mere content is not enough but experiences should be rendered to make learning more enjoyable. For that, an emphasis should be given on enhancing the learner experience management system.
Check Out:- SemiConductor Review