The future eLearning trends for 2020 will definitely benefit the industry, as eLearning is flexible, cost-effective, convenient, and time-saving.
FREMONT, CA: With the changing years, the trends of every industry also changes. The education sector is also going through a different phase of transformation to improve the teaching-learning process. Over the decades, eLearning has metamorphosed into a trendy approach; here are some eLearning trends of 2020 which will improve the performance of the industry:
1. eLearning Trends That Will Help To Achieve High Learner Engagement, Performance Gain, And Behavioral Change
• Mobile Learning: Most of the organizations are using the method of mobile learning for training delivery. In other words, we can say that now the term eLearning is replaced by mobile learning. This new trend is dominating the online training delivery as well as supplement facilitated or Instructor-Led Training (ILT) because of learners like it, and trainers as well. It has become a “must-have” trend of 2020. It can meet the whole spectrum of the training needs, including Formal training, Instant/Just-In-Time learning aids, Informal learning, Self-directed learning, and Social or collaborative learning.
• Personalized Learning: After mobile learning, the other big trend is personalized learning. In the coming days, this will definitely emerge as the “new normal” in workplace learning. Learners see value in personalized learning on account of the highly relevant, custom content it offers. This customized journey can be drawn based on their current knowledge, interest, future needs, or simple cues like role/region. It gives them complete control over what they want to learn, how they want to learn, and at the pace that works best for them.
• Just-In-Time Learning Aids: In busy lives, the learners are impatient, and they do not want to log onto an LMS to locate a course that may have the answer to their need or their challenge. They would prefer to get resources to be within their workflow. Instant learning aids will streamline the learning process for learners.
2. eLearning Trends Featuring Learning Strategies That Deliver Great Impact And Immersive Learning Experiences
• Micro-Learning: In the recent past, micro-learning has been the most talked-about training approach. It is definitely the preferred format of every learner to learn and explore because it is like a short bite that can be easily consumed. The broader adoption of micro learning does not mark the demise of macro learning or traditional eLearning. They will continue to co-exist, and micro-learning will be used to supplement or complement traditional eLearning.
• Gamification for Serious Learning: Gamification continues to be an essential learning strategy to engage learners. This method makes learning fun, and it doesn’t appear to be a chore anymore, so the learners are more interested in that. It can effectively engage today’s multi-generational workforce. Well-crafted gamification for serious learning will help to achieve higher recall and retention, a higher engagement quotient, and proficiency gain.
• Video-Based Learning (Videos and Interactive Videos): Videos are a high-impact medium and are a great way to handle your varied training. It is also a must-have trend in 2020. The learners like it because it promotes informal learning and is more engaging and easy to retain.
3. eLearning Trends That Will Help To Assess The Impact
• Learning Experience Platforms: The learning experience platform provides a highly personalized learning experience that can be crafted by the learner through learning pathways, and it also offers inclusive learning, content curation, and facilitate User-Generated Content.
• Artificial Intelligence (AI) In Learning: AI in learner analytics will also be a trend to watch out for in the context of enhancing learning in 2020. As we can see the use of chatbots as a virtual coach for the learners has also started. This provides a massive value-add to the engaged, connected and personalized learning that today’s learners want.